Thank you for your interest in interning with ATX TV!
As an ATX TV Intern, you will work with the ATX TV Team to brainstorm, strategize, and execute ATX TV Events, including the annual ATX TV Festival (June 1-4, 2023) and ATX TV Membership events. Our internship program is an excellent place for students who are interested in the entertainment and events industries, but aren’t sure what they’d like to do within those industries!
This internship covers a wide and ever-changing range of duties – including programming research, social media strategy, content creation, and event production – and provides invaluable support to all areas of ATX TV. Along with your fellow interns, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the different departments of ATX TV, shadow team members, and over the course of the internship, complete an internship project based on your interests. Intern will determine and pitch their project to the Director of Operations. Example projects include crafting a panel for the Festival, developing an ATX TV Member event, creating a piece of content, or implementing a social media campaign.
In addition, interns will participate together in an ATX TV Orientation to learn about the organization, as well as Zoom Lunch & Learns with ATX TV Staff, Advisory Board Members, and Panelists to explore different industry careers.
For any questions regarding the ATX TV Internship Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Example ATX TV Internship duties include:
Festival + Events:
- Attend & assist with production of local and virtual ATX TV Events and Programming (February – May).
- Assist Programming Team with research and outreach.
- Assist Operations Team with festival logistics leading up to and during ATX TV Festival Season 12, including administrative work, picking up / dropping off festival materials, supplies, etc.
- Communications & outreach with local brands / sponsors / vendors.
- Copy editing digital and print materials (festival guide, itineraries, website, etc).
- Create shareable clips & graphics for event and festival promotion.
- Upload and schedule content for ATX TV media platforms (includes videos, podcasts, and social media content).
- Assist Social Media Coordinator and Team ATX TV as they promote original ATX TV content and share with partners.
- Work with Content Manager on content tracking / delivery for ATX Season 12 Programming.
- Work with Team ATX TV to formulate social media strategy for ATX TV accounts leading up to/during the festival and events, and assist with weekly scheduling, posting, and metric tracking.
- Help maintain and increase social media engagement with the ATX TV audience.
- Work with festival panelists, sponsors, and partners to facilitate social media promotion for ATX TV events & programming.
WHO YOU ARE
- Available starting the week of January 30, 2023 through June 16, 2023.
- Have at least 10 – 15 hours available Monday – Friday, plus occasional evening / weekend flexibility for year round events. Internship includes both remote and in person work (located in Austin, TX).
- Must have increased / flexible availability for the two (2) full weeks prior to the festival (beginning May 18, 2023), including weekends.
- Must have FULL availability leading into and during ATX TV Festival, Season 12 (May 26 through June 5, 2023).
- Be able to provide your own transportation.
- Be willing to brainstorm, collaborate, and problem-solve with Team ATX TV and fellow interns!
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop) a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity with basic posting features on all major social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok) a plus.
- An overall interest in / appreciation for television and events is a must!
WHO WE ARE
ATX TV is a celebration of all things television. We are a community that is unabashedly passionate about TV, and we produce events and create content that encourage attendees to discover the new and explore the past. ATX TV Programming ranges from reunions, discussions on current favorites, and premieres of new series to intimate one-on-one conversations and large-scale panels, spotlighting talent from all areas of television. Our Events are places where industry and fans come to watch, talk, and experience TV together both virtually and in person.
The ATX TV Team is small, yet mighty. We value respect and inclusivity, and all who enter our doors (in person or virtual) are members of our TV Family and will be treated as such. Everything we do is approached with integrity and a sense of importance. These values influence each piece of programming or content we create, document and presentation we make, email we send, phone call or meeting we have, and product or event we produce.
We also have a lot of fun, and we talk about and watch a ton of television – streaming, network, limited series, indies… if you can call it TV, someone on our team probably watches it! If you love TV as much as we do, we’d love for you to work with our team!
If you’re interested in being involved with ATX TV, but not as an Intern, make sure to check out our Volunteer opportunities with ATX TV Festival!